- Two new US investors; lead investor, venBio Partners and Sofinnova Investments, join syndicate of existing investors
- Richard Gaster, M.D., Ph.D., Principal at venBio Partners, and Maha Katabi, Ph.D., CFA, Partner at Sofinnova Investments join the Board
- Proceeds will be used to progress the SEFA development pipeline:
- Completion of Phase 2b study of lead programme Icosabutate in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Initiation of clinical development of two new programmes for dyslipidaemia and for parenteral nutrition-associated liver disease (PNALD)
January 08, 2020 03:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
NAARDEN, The Netherlands–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NorthSea Therapeutics B.V., (‘NST’) a Dutch biotech company developing novel and innovative strategies for the treatment of NASH (Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis) and other metabolic, inflammatory and fibrotic diseases, today announced the closing of a US $40 million (€36 million) Series B financing round.
NST welcomes new US investors venBio Partners, which led the Series B round, and Sofinnova Investments. Existing investors, Forbion, Novo Seeds, New Science Ventures (NSV) and BioGeneration Ventures (BGV) all participated.